1. General Information
Please note that we cannot fulfill your order without collecting and processing personal information such as your name, shipping address, e-mail address etc.
You are always welcome to contact The Introvert’s Lair by email or contact form, if you have any questions. You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can find our contact form here.
2. What kind of data do we collect and where from?
On our site you can purchase products and use services from The Introvert’s Lair. When you place an order on our site, you enter a contract with The Introvert’s Lair. To be able to process your order and fulfill our responsibility to you as a customer, it is necessary for us to collect and process the personal data that you provide.
The personal data we collect and process may include:
- Phone number
- Other customer-generated information you actively choose to share with us, for example through contact form, email, reviews, social media or mail.
- IP-address (is collected through cookies and log files and qualifies as personal data, even though The Introvert’s Lair and third-party service providers cannot identify you through your IP-address).
The Introvert’s Lair needs to collect certain personal data about you to be able to fulfill your order, process returns and provide customer service. If you choose to receive our newsletters or participate in our contests we also need to collect and process personal data in order for us to provide these services.
We also collect and use non-personal data (like time and date of your visit and which operating system you are using) as well as your IP-address (which qualifies as personal data) through our site. This information is registered automatically through cookies and log files when you visit our site. Read more about this in section 8 ‘Cookies and log files’.
We do not register any of your credit card information or other payment information and your purchase always takes place through a secure SSL-connection that encrypts your payment information. We use Stripe and PayPal for our payment options and they collect your payment information. You can read about these companies’ privacy policies on their respective sites.
2.2 How do we collect your data?
You provide The Introvert’s Lair with most of the data we collect when you:
- place an order for any of our products or services.
- send a return item to us.
- sign up for our newsletter.
- participate in a contest on our site or social media.
- post a review.
- contact us via email, contact forms, social media or other communication channels.
The Introvert’s Lair can also receive non-personal data from the following sources:
- The Introvert’s Lair’s Facebook page.
- The Introvert’s Lair’s Instagram page.
- The Introvert’s Lair’s Pinterest page.
- The cookies on our website.
3. How do we use your data and why?
The Introvert’s Lair collects and uses personal and non-personal data for legitimate purposes such as fulfilling contracts with our customers and business relations, providing products and services to our customers, protecting our website and our customers from fraud and spam, as well as complying with national and international laws and regulations within Denmark and the EU.
We use your personal and non-personal data for the following purposes:
To fulfill our contract with you
We collect and use your personal data to be able to process the orders you place for our products and services, to deliver these products and services to you and to give you access to the services we provide through our site, such as customer service.
To make our website features function properly
Some non-personal data (collected through cookies) and one kind of personal data (IP-address) are necessary for us to collect to make features on our website function properly. For example, cookies allow the shopping cart feature to remember what you put in it. You can read more about cookies and our use of them under ‘Cookies and log files’.
To have proper security measures
Personal and non-personal data allow us to have better security measures to keep our customers and our site safe, for example by using third-party tools that keep spam and bots away from our site, having verifiable personal data to prevent fraud and other crimes, and by having secure payment gateways that encrypt all payment information.
To follow laws and regulations within Denmark and the EU
Laws and regulations regarding accounting, security and product responsibility also affect the way we collect and use your data. We have to follow the current laws and regulations within Denmark and the EU and this includes, among other things, saving and storing invoices and other documentation for tax purposes as well as ensuring that you can return faulty products.
To administer contests
The Introvert’s Lair collects and uses your personal data if you enter into one of our contests on our site or our social media profiles. We collect and use your personal data for administration purposes, for example to find a winner for the contest and ensure the winner receives their prize. If you contact our customer service with questions or feedback regarding contests, we will also collect and use your personal data, so we can respond to your messages.
To send out newsletters
If you have signed up for our newsletter, we need to collect and use your personal data, so we can live up to our responsibilities in the contract we have with you. This includes sending you our newsletters with new products, discounts, blog posts etc. You can always opt-out of receiving newsletters by unsubscribing.
In some cases, we can use your data for marketing purposes, such as targeting the right audience for our ads on social media or using excerpts of your reviews on our site, in newsletters or in ads.
4. Who gets access to your datA?
4.1 Personal data:
Your personal data (such as name, address, phone number and email) is only accessible to those, who need the information for its intended purpose, such as fulfilling your order, providing customer service, processing returns, having contests, managing social media, sending newsletters or delivering packages.
- The Introvert’s Lair:We need to have access to your personal data to fulfill our end of the contract we have with you when you purchase products and services from us. We also need your contact information to provide customer service, handle returns, send newsletters and administer contests, so we can get in touch with you.
- Courier/delivery services:When your order has been manufactured and handed over to a courier service, the courier service gets access to your name, address, phone number and email. This is strictly for the purpose of delivering your order to you. Questions about the different courier services privacy policies should be directed towards the courier services themselves. We are not responsible for other companies’ privacy policies and how they handle personal or non-personal data.
- Public authorities:In some cases, your personal data can be shared with public authorities or other public institutions, if it is a requirement under Danish law or EU law, such as crime prevention, crime investigation or tax and/or accounting purposes.
- Third-party service providers: We use tools from third-party service providers to ensure the functionality (such as a working shopping cart) and security of our site (such as preventing spam). These third-party service providers collect non-personal data and in some cases your IP-address, which qualifies as personal data. The Introvert’s Lair and our third-party providers cannotidentify you based on your IP-address.
4.2 Non-personal data:
Your non-personal data can be shared between The Introvert’s Lair and third-party service providers for the purpose of making our website features function properly, for example having a functional shopping cart, proper security features and a working newsletter signup form.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, we send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you follow us on social media, you will see posts from us about products and services.
If you have agreed to receive newsletter marketing, you can always opt out later by unsubscribing or unfollowing. You have the right at any time to stop The Introvert’s Lair from contacting you for marketing purpose.
You can also always unfollow us on social media.
5. Deleting personal data
Your personal data will be deleted, when The Introvert’s Lair no longer needs it to fulfill your order or provide you with services, such as customer service and newsletters, or for another legitimate purpose such as complying with Danish law and EU law, for example for accounting purposes.
6. Your data protection rights
The Introvert’s Lair would like to make sure you’re fully aware of all your data protection rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us.
The right to access – You have the right to be informed of what personal data we have about you. We will always ask for substantial identification in these cases to make sure we don’t provide personal information to anyone pretending to be someone they’re not.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions. For example, we cannot delete your information if we are obligated to store it for a specific amount of time under Danish law or EU law.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we will respond within a month. If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
If you disagree with the way we handle your information, you also have the right to file a complaint with the Danish data protection agency or the data protection agency in your own country.
You can contact the Danish data protection agency at their email: firstname.lastname@example.org or through their physical address: Carl Jacobsens Vej 35, 2500 Valby, Denmark.
8.1 What are cookies?
Cookies are little text files placed in your browser that collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information when you visit and use a website. They do not contain personal information about you, such as name, address, phone number or email. Cookies can collect information about your type of browser, your internet provider, your operating system, your IP-address and the date and time for your visit.
The primary purpose of using cookies is to make our website function properly, so you get a good user experience. An example of this is that cookies make it possible for the shopping cart to remember what you put in it.
8.3 How to manage cookies
You can also choose to delete the current cookies in your browser. If you are a using a PC with an updated browser, you can delete your cookies by using the shortcuts CTRL + SHIFT + Delete.
8.4 Read more
9. Other websites' privacy policies
10. How to contact us
The Introvert’s Lair, a Danish registered company, is responsible for the collection of your personal data.
Email us at: email@example.com
The Introvert’s Lair